My Mentoring Minute Mind Map –
Getting Back to Basics
I’m in a MasterMind Group that meets once a week.
Each week, one of the members delivers a ‘Mentoring Minute of the Week‘. It was my turn today, and I developed this Mind Map for that purpose. (My description is below the map.)
“Let’s get Back to Basics”
in our personal dealings with
Prospects, Clients, and Business Associates.”
- Return phone calls
- Reply to Emails.
- Even if it’s just ‘Thanks’, reply to each legitimate Email you receive.
- Write ‘Thank You’ Notes. Make them the old fashion kind that are actually hand written by you, placed in an envelope, and mailed to someone who did something to benefit you.
- Confirm Appointments the day before they are scheduled.
- Get to all appointments early. (If you’re not five minutes early, you’re late!)
- Thank people who give you referrals and update them on the progress of those referrals.
- If it turns into business for you, consider sending a gift card with your ‘Thank You’ note.
- Pay invoices in a timely manner.
- Limit the amount of ‘Free Consulting’ you give and you ask for.
- This is how many of us make money. Our time and advice is our stock in trade and those giving it should be compensated.
All of the above seem obvious to many. But, trust me, you will stand out from others when you do them!